Highly sensitive person (HSP)
Wow.
Psychology.
All about terms and labels.
Psychology.
All about terms and labels.
According to Aron’s theory, there are approximately 15 to 20% of human population who are high in a personality trait known as sensory-processing sensitivity, or SPS. Those with high levels of SPS display increased emotional sensitivity, stronger reactivity to both external and internal stimuli—pain, hunger, light, and noise — and a complex inner life (copy from Psychology Today, n.d.).
Copy From Psychology Today - HSPs are also thought to be more disturbed than others by violence, tension, or feelings of being overwhelmed. They may, as a result, make concerted efforts to avoid situations in which such things are likely to occur. On the more positive end of the trait, high sensitivity is thought to be linked to higher levels of creativity, richer personal relationships, and a greater appreciation for beauty.
And there is a scale test for it. There are 4 factors which Dr. Emily Aron looked into: Depth of processing, Overstimulation, Emotional reactivity (including empathy) and Sensitivity to subtle stimuli.
I took the test and no doubt I am one of them. It is actually a curse for me which I hope to deem it as a blessing. Well, these factors need to be present in a person from childhood. This means that it cannot be as a result of psychological illness or trauma. I think for me its both.
But this label is not going to drag me down. Let me turn this into my strength. Positive a bit la. Aiyo.
So this is the introduction. We will go into lit review, methods, results, discussion and finally conclusion. hahahha. Me as the subject. This means I have more content to write......if I want to.
OOO hopefully soon to 000.
Comments
Post a Comment